PTA is a wonderful opportunity to take an active role in your child’s education. No experience or special talent is required to hold a position on our board or help in committees, just a willingness to cooperate and share ideas with other parents and Boren Staff. We would love for your to come join us. To volunteer your time, or if you have any questions about volunteering, feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
Below is a list of our current committees and other positions that we would love to have volunteers for.
PTA Committees and Committee Chairs
– Student Outreach –
- Coordinate and collect submissions from our campus to the Reflections program run through National PTA.
- Oversee the National PTA Reflections Program for J. L. Boren Elementary School. Coordinate judging for the PTA Reflections entries and send school winners onto Mansfield ISD Council.
- Coordinate a way to recognize the Reflections school participants, like printing certificates.
- Will work with the school administration to determine assemblies and programs that are best suited to the students at JL Boren Elementary. As budget allows, will book, advertise, and help execute those programs.
Awards and Recognition
- Will work with the school to find ways to recognize our Boren Bears.
– PTA Dad’s Club –
Will provide opportunities for parents to engage with their children through activities on campus. Activities can include but are not limited to:
- Dads at Doors
- Daddy/ Daughter Dance
- Father/ Son Campout
- Trunk or Treat
- Fall/ Spring Family Events (movie nights, etc.)
– Family Outreach –
Will provide opportunities for families to spend meaningful time together on campus.
Activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Grandparent’s Day
- Muffins for Mom
- Donuts with Dad
- Literacy Night
- Senior Walk & Breakfast
– Book Fair –
Work with the school administration to determine the best times for the PTA to host a Book Fair(s), usually around
Grandparent’s Day in the Fall and Literacy Night in the Spring.
- Will work with the vendor and committee members to organize, advertise, staff, and plan the Book Fair(s).
- Work closely with the school librarian and ensure the closeout of the book fair is in a timely manner.
- Will keep the President informed of any expiring credits with the book fair vendor so that membership can find ways to utilize all credits and vote accordingly.
– Holiday Store –
- Will work with the school administration to determine the best time for the Holiday Store.
- Will work with the vendor to advertise, set-up, staff, execute, and take down the Holiday Store.
– Community Liaison –
- Organizes donations for the Mansfield ISD Clothes Closet throughout the school year including hygiene and t-shirt drives.
- Responsible for obtaining volunteers to staff the Clothes Closet on the work day designated for JL Boren Elementary PTA.
- Ensure any items left in the school Lost and Found are delivered to the Clothes Closet or another local charity within a reasonable amount of time.
– School Spirit –
- Will help raise Boren spirit through spirit wear sales and community events (Spirit Nights) intended to bring the Boren community together.
- Present the T-shirt or other spirit item designs and price to the executive board at its first meeting of the year.
- Promote spirit wear for sale.
- Take orders and distribute T-shirts/items at the beginning of the school year.
- Schedule at least, but not limited to four (4) Spirit Nights in the school year.
– Parent Volunteer / Room Reps –
Establish Room Representatives for each classroom
- Room reps will work with their teacher to coordinate classroom parties. Classroom party dates will be
- determined by the school.
- Room reps will help coordinate volunteers for events where volunteers are needed from each class, such as a Fun Run or Field Day.
- Room reps will help coordinate any volunteer or classroom help for the teacher they are assigned, such as copies, classroom helpers, etc.
Teacher and Staff Favorites Lists
- Will give Favorites Lists to each school staff member to fill out and return. Will maintain these throughout the
- These can be kept in a Google Drive folder or in the campus office in a binder for easy access for parents.
- Will make sure that each Classroom Representative has one for their teacher to distribute to their class parents.
Will help coordinate volunteers for school functions when help is needed. Examples include:
- Field Day
- Literacy Night
Beautification & Playground
- Will work with the school to address any concerns around campus and as budget allows, purchase new equipment when needed.